Monday 30 October 2017

DIY Magnesium Oil: And More




   I just recently discovered it and I'm wondering why the earth I haven't used it before.

   My main reason why I want to use magnesium oil is, because of my psoriasis, there is not very much information that it will help but we will see. I will do before pic and then after, I think I will try this every day for 1 month and if there are some results, well then it's amazing.  But of course, it's not the only reason. Magnesium is essential for tooth, muscle, bone and joint health, also for better sleep and stress reduction.
   And of course, magnesium flakes are cheap. It is cheaper to buy flakes than supplements or shop magnesium oil.

  
   The most famous Magnesium Chloride in Europe comes from the ancient Zechstein salt lake. On the ground floor of the former lake 1500m-2000m in the deep underground, protected from pollution, there are Magnesium Chloride deposits. 

   Buy it or DIY?


   In stores, you can buy magnesium flakes and oil. If you buy flakes then you have to dissolve it with distilled water.
  Shop magnesium oil  -  Concentration 31%.
  Shop magnesium flakes - Concentration 47%.
  Home magnesium oil (DIY) - Concentration 31% - 1kg flakes gives you 1,5l magnesium oil.

DIY  - you need


  • Magnesium flakes (concentration 47%)
  • Distilled water and heat it up a little bit. 


Concentration


  • 1:1 flakes and water - you will get ca 23,5% oil.
  • 1:2 flakes and water - you will get ca 15,6% oil.
  • 2:1 flakes and water - you will get ca 31,3% oil. 
International Medical Veritas Assosiation recomend 30-35% strenght oil.


  • Heat up distilled water, it just has to be warm, then the flakes will dissolve easily. Put flakes in the water (depends on how strong oil you want). I did 31,3%. Stir well until completely dissolved. Let it cooled and then store it in the spray bottle. 


   Does it tingle or irritate my skin?


  For me yeah, my skin is very sensitive. On my psoriasis it burns a little bit, for me it is bearable. Then it itches. I will let it be in my skin for 30min then I will wash it off. At first few days I did foot bath. So my psoriasis will heal a little bit (most of my psoriasis is on my legs).  When it itches then it will not get red or anything.

    It is completely harmless it may depend on how much is applied and where it is applied. Diluting the magnesium oil 1:1 (23,5%) with pure spring water can reduce this effect, also this is a matter of personal preference. You can choose magnesium lotion or do magnesium bath flakes, for use in foot soaks (or full body)

  Also when it itches then it may show you that you have lack of magnesium in your body. Try to keep it away from your eyes and nose.

   What it is for? 


   Magnesium is well known to reduce muscle tension, improve sleep, address neurological disorders such as anxiety and depression.

   Magnesium works within our cells: the powerhouses, factories, and regulators of the body's systems. Magnesium is less widely known. You may know more about calcium, D-vitamin and so on. When I talk about it in my family they told me that they do not take magnesium supplements, they take D-vitamin, Zing, Iron.

In the beginning, I told that the main reason why I use it is my psoriasis, but if you have the other skin conditions then you should try it out. :)
  • Psoriasis
  • Eczema
  • Dermatitis
  • Acne
And of course...
  • muscle cramps
  • chronic pain
  • depression
  • asthma
  • heart rhythm disorders
  • high blood pressure
  • low blood sugar
  • insomnia
  • muscle tension
  • headache/ migraine

  • I can find six symptoms for myself. This is really bad. 

 How often can you use it? 


Your skin has a unique ability to self-regulate absorption, and therefore you can not overuse it. I use it twice a day. Morning and in the evening.

   Natural ways to get magnesium - TOP 10


   Here are top ten foods that are high in magnesium. 
- Men RDA 400 milligrams and Woman RDA 310 milligrams a day -
  1.  SPINACH - 1 cup 157 milligrams (40% DV) 
  2.  CHARD  - 1 cup: 154 milligrams (38% DV)
  3.  DARK CHOCOLATE - 1 square: 95 milligrams (24% DV)
  4.  PUMPKIN SEEDS - 1/8 CUP: 92 milligrams (23% DV)
  5.  ALMONDS - 1 ounce: 80 milligrams (20% DV)
  6. BLACK BEANS - 1/2 cup: 60 milligrams (15% DV)
  7. AVOCADO - 1 medium: 58 milligrams (15% DC)
  8.  YOGURT or KEFIR - 1 cup: 50 milligrams (13% DV)
  9.  FIGS - 1/2 cups: 50 milligrams (13% DV)
  10.  BANANA - 1 medium: 32 milligrams (8% DV)













No comments:

Post a Comment